In the car ride from the airport, Katerina tells us that people are feeling the financial pinch but she says that “Maybe this is good, since its bringing everyone closer to their emotions.” During our short stay of 5 days in Athens, I processed a lot, I ate good food, I faced myself in ways I had been avoiding for far too long.
All-in-all I found Greece an easier place to be and we enjoyed the company of old and new friends at dinner.
There were riots in downtown the night before we left but for us we were talking our own revolution in Kat and Artur’s living room. We spoke about this crazy heart desire to start the transformation of our own souls, on how to love and heal the rifts and wounds of family life, on how to walk the Narrow Way.
On the morning of our first Greece talk, some spirit friends dropped in to offer some very practical advice to those in the group.
Practical Tips for Staying Connected to Your Spirit Guides & Guardians:
- Stay Hydrated
Drink plenty of plain (non-carbonated, non-flavoured) water, at least three litres a day.
- Get Connected with Your Body and its
Feel your emotions and where they are stored in the body. We are close to you but can’t communicate with you as well when you are ‘in your head’ (dominated by your intellect) or more attuned to the feelings of others.
We recommend daily gentle exercise – heavy exertion can detune you as much as inactivity. Focus on movement while you stay connected to your breathe and physical sensations.
Also, take time each day to be still while you tune into your breath, your feelings and the sensations in your body.
We communicate with your spirit body and not always with words or thoughts – the more hydrated you are, the more in connection with your physical body’s sensations you are, the more sensitive you will become to your spirit body’s feelings.
- Eat mainly live, light food. Avoid stuffing yourself with starch and carbohydrates. These things dull your senses and encourage numbness. The more in touch with your feelings you are the more complete the message we will be able to give you will be.
- Foster imagination and creativity in your life, in whatever way you are drawn to. We can communicate inspiration to you better when you are open to new possibilities and ideas. Any type of creative pursuit encourages these qualities.
- Take action in your life in your passion and desires. We can give you clear and often immediate feedback when you are engaging your passions and desires in a certain direction. When you constantly sit in indecision or inaction and intellectually ponder issues we find it difficult to give clear guidance. Beware of trying to ‘figure everything out’, rather than being humble to the fact that you won’t have everything right immediately and no amount of intellectual pondering or planning will change that. We exist to lovingly guide you towards what is good, loving and true and for those who desire it, we would guide you to God.
- Feel yourself rather than the feelings
of others. Beware of addictions and abdicating your will. Make time
for prayer, quiet and feelings. Don’t fill every space in your day with
noise and activity. Spend time away from the computer, TV, phone and
music. Be in nature, be creative, and focus on feeling yourself and
longing for God. Too often you are engaged with the feelings or others and
pre-occupied with pleasing them.
Our focus is on your best welfare and growth; many of you do not share our focus! So this impedes our communication. By disengaging from pleasing others and beginning to make growth your priority we will find guiding you so much easier.
- Regard us as friends, not as far-off,
impersonal beings. Each of you is a unique individual with specific
interests, talents and passions. We too are all individuals. We have been
allocated to you because we share common passions and personality traits
with you. You may come to view us as friends for this is how we feel for
you. We have much love and regard for you. We care deeply for your welfare
but do not feel ourselves to be your superiors merely as your friends with
and interest in your safety and well-being. When you regard us as lofty,
dispassionate and without a life and personality of our own, you distance
yourselves from us.
While it is true that many of us are now completely free from error, we have each lived a life on earth and we understand the trials and difficulties you face in your growth towards your true self and towards God. When you regard us as ‘pure’, you often feel we have always been chaste and uncorrupted. Many of you have the feeling or belief that we cannot directly relate to your experience or understand you. We wish to tell you that we do, many times we are more aware of exactly what you face than you are, and usually we have face similar things during our own life on earth. This is why we have become your guide.
Please feel that you can get to know us – as your dear friends – this will help us to be in better rapport.
With much love to each dear friend assembled,
Your spirit guides and guardians.